CREWRIDE
  Ridesharing to and from crew bases...
Username:  Password:  

Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register

How to get absolute wood lag screws from Din571
Jump to:  
BackSmith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: How to get absolute wood lag screws from Din571 Reply with quote

So over the accomplished several years I’ve bought a agglomeration of altered sizes of wood lag screws (so I can accept them on hand) and I just band the zinc blanket in bulk. It’s best to not mix agnate sizes, as it may be difficult to acquaint them apart. You can calmly recycle old (but clean) bottle jam jars or pasta jars and use assorted jars for altered sizes. Here’s my quick three footfall process:

1. COVER ZINC-COATED WOOD SCREWS WITH TOILET BOWL CLEANER

Pouring the works toilet basin cleaner into a bottle jar to band zinc plating from slotted screws to get absolute wood screws

I bead the screws into a bottle jar and cascade abundant of the toilet basin cleaner to awning the screws. Accomplish abiding you use accurate gloves to anticipate a actinic bake on your skin. Use accurate glasses if you anticipate you ability accomplish a splash.

Pouring the works toilet basin cleaner into a bottle jar to band zinc plating from slotted screws to get absolute wood screws

You’ll anon see the screws bubbling, which agency the toilet cleaner is traveling to plan abandoning the zinc coating.

2. RINSE THE STRIPPED WOOD SCREWS

It’s easier to bathe the Hex Lag Screws in a basin bore (toilet basin cleaner doesn’t aching basin toilets, so it should be accomplished on basin sinks), but I’m not abiding what toilet basin cleaner does to a stainless animate sink, so try this outside. Afterwards about 5 annual you can use a garden corrupt to flood the bottle jar until the actinic is gone and alone baptize and the screws abide in the jar. Don’t use top baptize burden or the actinic may get sprayed all over you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CREWRIDE Forum Index » PIT-PHL Driver All times are GMT - 4 Hours