CREWRIDE
  Ridesharing to and from crew bases...
Username:  Password:  

Index  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Profile  Log in to check your private messages  Register

Salomon speedcross 4 was simple
Jump to:  
Hissionere

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Salomon speedcross 4 was simple Reply with quote

The brief from salomon speedcross 4 herre was simple – wear them, push them through mud, trail, grass and whatever conditions you want and see how they roll. As usual, there’s a set of hashtags to try and make use of and in part, I’ll do that below. Beyond that though, there was no commitment to blog or review, no forced “say only good things” so here goes ..

Apart from using my old salomon speedcross 3 herre for a 100 miler, I don’t really run in shoes quite as built up as Speedcross these days. My preferred training and racing shoes are much lighter (Salomon Sense Pro 4, Inov8 X-Talon 190 & Terraclaw 220) so it’s quite odd pulling them out of the box and seeing that familiar big heel!

The main thing you might spot on the new shoes is that the grip is familiar but has been tweaked along the edges of the sole to use a full lug rather than the cut off design of the salomon speedcross 3 dame.I’ve always felt comfortable going straight up and down even the muddiest trails in Speedcross and the 4 is no different. Those big chevron lugs grip excellently when climbing and descending in a straight line. Just as well as any other shoes I’ve run in and I’d have no fears attacking a slick, muddy climb or descent in them.

In the past I’ve fallen a few times when traversing muddy slopes or where there’s a significant camber to the path. I nearly went over the first outing in these too but in the interests of being reasonable – slick, angled trails often mean minimal engagement with anything but the edge of the outside of your sole and perhaps in reality the occasions where I’ve fallen in salomon sko dame tilbud, I’d have done the same in any shoe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CREWRIDE Forum Index » PHL-PIT Driver All times are GMT - 4 Hours